Hotel General Manager
This is a particularly compelling position as the person selected will open a brand new hotel. He or she will build a team and help create a property-specific culture within the Woodbury Corporation family of hotels.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Vice President of Hotel Operations, the General Manager is responsible to manage hotel property operations on a day-to-day basis in order to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in:
- guest service and satisfaction
- associate (employee) leadership and engagement
- sales and marketing
- asset management/overall property appearance and maintenance
- brand management
- profitability/financial control
- 5 years of hospitality experience related to the above set of duties with at least 2 years of experience in hotel management.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication (ability to use conversational Spanish is helpful).
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, vendors, and associates.
- Strategic thinking, planning and execution to achieve topline results.
- Ability to organize and manage, prioritize and meet deadlines of multiple projects.
- Experience with hotel systems including: Property Management Systems, Revenue Management, Guest Satisfaction Surveys and Review Platforms, Sales, e-commerce, forecast and budgeting. Experience with Marriott systems is a plus.
Founded in 1919, privately-held Woodbury Corporation is one of the oldest and most respected hospitality and real estate development companies in the Intermountain West. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Woodbury Corporation owns and manages hundreds of commercial and residential properties plus 12 Marriott and Hilton hotel properties.
We have developed a remarkable 98-year legacy of “integrity over income.” We maintain a talented team of over 750 professionals to serve the accounting, architecture, asset management, consulting, development, hotel management, legal, sales, and leasing needs of our dynamic organization. To support our team, we offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including a 401(k) plan with a company match.
With a proven track record over the past 90 years, Woodbury has demonstrated its ability to address any issue, tackle any size of project, and remain a leader in its industry and marketplace.
Company Website: woodburycorp.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)